We are looking for a part time, outstanding teacher to teach Dutch as a foreign language in our Primary Department.
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed teachers, preferably with at least two years teaching experience, to join our successful team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an up to date knowledge of how to effectively teach a foreign language
giving examples of the most appropriate strategies.
You provide inspiring lessons to our students. As a teacher, you are responsible for more than just passing on lesson material. Together with your colleagues, you help our students to develop their competences and to get the best out of themselves.
A willingness to work collaboratively, plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes and age groups and to meet the needs of all learners is essential, as it is the desire to work closely with parents and to support school events.
This is what we ask of you
- Dynamic, passionate and inspirational teacher;
- Eligible to work in the EU;
- A good knowledge of the Dutch culture;
- A fluent Dutch speaker;
- A good level of English;
- Qualified teacher with at least 2 years’ experience of teaching primary aged students;
- Able to work together with an established team of language teachers.
We also ask
- Primary school teaching experience;
- Experience of teaching a foreign language;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching strategies and educational methodologies;
- An understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to function well within a team.
Here is where you’ll work
As a school that serves families from 55 different countries, we recognise that we must also provide more than just an ‘education’ in it's traditional sense. As a starting point, we help our students to develop their home language while developing a second,
or even a third, language. In so doing, we offer our students the opportunity to take part in an extremely diverse range of language pathways, both within and outside of normal lessons.
What can you expect from us?
- A friendly and supportive staff, well behaved children who are eager to learn;
- A temporary, part time appointment until the end of the school year;
- Salary: grading scale takes place in LB (min. € 3.001,- max € 4.573,- at 1.0 FTE);
- A part time position for 3 days per week;
- Good benefits.