Secondary School Dutch Teacher (Dutch Language Acquisition and/or Dutch Language & Literature)
The Amsterdam International Community School (AICS) is a growing International school in Amsterdam. We are on the lookout for enthusiastic, collaborative, and knowledgeable colleagues to join our team. Due to the continued growth of our school, we have a part-time opportunity for an experienced Secondary School Dutch Teacher. There are opportunities in the Language Acquisition and Language and Literature department, Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme.
Pay scale LB (min. €2865-max. €4366, full-time per month, before tax).
Job size: 0.6 – 0.8 fte (3-4 days a week)
Start date: 1 September 2022
About the Amsterdam International Community School (AICS)
The AICS is a Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in the Netherlands. We are an IB World School school that offers PYP, MYP, DP, and CPl. Together with a number of other national Dutch schools we form 'Esprit Scholen'.
The AICS is a partly-state-funded community school, which enables us to deliver high-quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a fully-accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and offers international education to internationally-mobile students from over 50 different nationalities.
The AICS currently offers Primary education to students aged 4-11 and Secondary education to students aged 11-19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. The AICS is located in three campuses throughout the city of Amsterdam: AICS South (Primary and Secondary, over 1100 students), AICS Satellite (Primary only, around 200 students) and AICS South East (Primary and Secondary, over 400 students).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- an innovative and creative Dutch Teacher, ideally with an strong understanding of the MYP and/or the DP;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- flexible, resilient, and open to new ideas;
- fluent in spoken and written English;
- an inspirational teacher, who can stimulate students' learning skills;
- able to cater for students with many different social, emotional, and educational needs, from a variety of different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
- a commitment to the school's mission to provide high-quality community-based international learning in the form of the IB programme;
- at least two years' teaching experience – experience in the MYP and/or DP programme is preferred;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability and initiative to help create and implement school policy;
- excellent command of the English language and general communication skills;
- a collaborative mindset and a good sense of humour.
Please submit applications before September 26th through this website.
The AICS is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our staff and students. Reference checks will include a check on child protection issues for all serious candidates. We will require a police clearance certificate for the last country of employment as well as a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) upon arrival in the Netherlands or if you are already a resident in the Netherlands.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.